Friday, October 24, 2008

A sign of the time?

Seen at local Moncton Walmart:



Hmmmm....

Problem: Customers do not shut freezer doors all the way and food can potentially thaw and become up safe.

Solution: Put up a sign asking customers to close the door -- sign it "the management" -- that will make sure people pay attention

Problem: Employees can't put up signs without permission.

Solution: Get all signs approved by management before they go up.

Problem: How do other employees know they are approved.

Solution: Have management "stamp" and "initial" each sign --- now it's very official!

Problem: Customers have to see ugly, stamped and initialed signs and wonder what's going on (Like I am right now).

This is what I imagined happened when I saw this sign at my local Walmart. It made me smile when I thought of all the steps that must have taken place for the signs to go up.

REAL Solution: Fix the door so it closes properly. OR: Have a professionally designed sticker thats says something like: To ensure food safety, please make sure doors are tightly shut"

NOW I have a reason to listen to and do as they ask as there is something in it for ME!

Even on a freezer door, the proper message delivered in a correct way can deliver the desired results. Otherwise, you'll likely wasting your time and resources.

No comments: