Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're getting closer Zoompass. Pay for purchases with your phone (almost).

When Zoompass first came out I got excited. Then I lost interest cause I had to have another "card" to carry around. Why can't I just pay with my phone? That's all I want... just use my phone to pay. Well, we're getting closer. Zoompass just launched in trial something they call Zoompass tag. Basically a wireless payment device designed in the form of a sticker that can be attached to a call phone.



Soon all Zoompass users (select ones for now) will need only their phone with the Zoompass Tag to access their mobile cash account and make purchases at retail stores. Zoompass users will be able to simply tap their phones on a contactless reader at point of sale to make purchases – just like a PayPass-enabled credit card.

Here's a video on how it will work:



I would for sure give this a try. Zoompass, if you are listening, send me a Zoompass Tag, love to try it out.

More info can be found on the Zoompass blog.

The Zoompass main site.

1 comment:

drewmack said...

I think Zoompass may have stolen their very advanced technology and concept from this other Toronto start-up.

http://bit.ly/aLwQws