Wednesday, December 2, 2009

This is our league - the CFL

Anyone watching the pre-game coverage of the Grey Cup may have seen a "This is our league" video about the CFL - it was so awesome I just had to find it. I've looked but without any luck (when I find it I will post it). I did find this one from last year that is equally as good.

If you are not from a city they has a CFL team it is hard to explain what the league means for so many Canadians. This video gives you a taste of what the CFL is all about.



A line in the video "One Sunday in November it's the nation's glue" really sums it up (I've been to the last 6 Grey Cups - so I know).

Next September Moncton will be hosting a regular season CFL game so that this part of the country can begin to get a sense of what so many others in Canada are so passionate about. I know Moncton will put on an amazing show as always and should be a stepping stone (I hope) towards Atlantic Canada getting a team.

The line "This is our league" sums up beautifully what the CFL means -- but for it to be truly all of ours, we need a team in the East.. the real East... Atlantic Canada.

1 comment:

Grade9 said...

Well said. I have no connection to this league and tire hearing about it. I do not live in a CFL city and just don't get it. I guess I should move to a CFL city to get the feeling.